Davidson County Community Action, Inc.
CSBG/CARES NC Case Manager
$13.28 per hour
$17.98 per hour
All wage rates are subject to available funding.
The Case Manager (CM), funded by CSBG Grant and the Cares NC Grant, will identify, assist, and transition those eligible individuals or families affected by COVID-19 within the assigned DCCA service area. The CM will interview applicants for program enrollment using strict eligibility criteria. The CM will ensure that eligible customers are offered quality services, and strive to establish and maintain a positive rapport with each. Related responsibilities include providing support services available through DCCA or other community resources, becoming familiar with area resources in order to provide adequate referral sources, and serving as an advocate for participants. Position requires exercising independent judgment on a daily basis.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalency, with at least five years of relevant work experience, or an Associate’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, or its equivalent, with at least one year of relevant work experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s in Social Work or a related field with experience in service delivery to the underprivileged.
Conditions of Employment
Applicants selected for hire must undergo a criminal background check, and successfully pass a 180-day probationary period. Applicants hired must have a valid NC Drivers license. Applicants understand this is grant funded position for up to 26 months.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet regularly with program management to implement strategies to utilize all available community resources
- Provide resource referrals to customers to ensure that transition from poverty is achieved, or that individual needs are met
- Conduct pre-assessment of potential clients through a formal interview; establish a service delivery plan of how to transition from poverty; make home visits as required
- Advocate for customers by becoming involved in community services, and/or becoming knowledgeable of available local resources
- Coordinate with other agencies to ensure the accomplishment of individual goals; identify any pre-existing family plans in effect with other agencies
- Enter units of outcomes under the ROMA standard into the program software
- Document progress in the individual case management file/software on a weekly basis
- Provide assistance to customers in completing applications for benefits (Medicaid, NC Health Choice, Food Stamps)
- Advise and assist customers of required timeframes for applications, recertification, changes, and pending verifications process
- Attend workshops and training events as requested
- Recruit new case management clients and assist other counties with case management as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge
Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and grant guidelines. The CM must have the ability to communicate with and to motivate customers. Must be flexible and have well-developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; must be comfortable with public speaking. Must be able to maintain records, assist with reports, and clearly understand written or verbal instruction. Ability to work effectively with individuals from various ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, and cultural backgrounds. CM must have ability to identify, comprehend, analyze, and solve critical elements of various situations (initiate solutions without supervision). Must be respectful of diverse cultural backgrounds. Must be proficient using MS Office products, and successfully learn and use the program database.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Darrick L. Horton, Executive Director, PO Box 389, Lexington, NC 27293-0389.
DCCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DCCA hires only US citizens and lawfully authorized aliens who are in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Davidson County Community Action, Inc.
911 S. Talbert Blvd
PO Box 389
Lexington, NC 27293-0389